We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Relief Security Officer to join our dynamic team on a zero-hour contract. This role is perfect for anyone who is looking to stay within the Security industry or looking to start a new career in Security.
The role of Relief Security Officer is to provide security services at our clients site in Cambridge Research Park. Protecting the customer’s employees, property and other assets in line with the relevant Assignment Instructions and site-specific customer requirements. Please note that you will require a mode of transport to travel to other sites.
The role of a Security Relief Officer can be challenging, especially when you are sometimes asked to work short notice.
Shift times are either 0700-1900 or 1900-0700.
To work with us you will need to be confident, articulate and communicate well both orally and in written language. You will need to be able to get to different sites as required, so have your own transport. To be considered for this opportunity you must hold a current front-line SIA Licence, a valid driving license or the ability to get to Cambridge Research Park for the required hours.
Although demanding, a Security Officer role with SGS will allow you to demonstrate your exemplary customer service skills as you engage with customers, clients, and visitor. throughout each shift, whilst remaining alert to security issues and keeping everyone safe. Our team need to be immaculately turned out, polite and proactive when engaging with customers to ensure a complete customer experience is provided, as we aim to maintain our outstanding reputation for excellence.
- To be available as and when called upon to cover shifts, occasionally at short notice.
- Must hold a valid front-line SIA Licence.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
- Must be over 18.
- Have a five-year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self employment, or full and part-time education during that period.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Zero hours
Salary: £8.72-£9.00 per hour
- 12 – hour shift
- Day shift: Monday to Friday
- Night shift: Weekends
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence (Required)
- Security (Required)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Not offered
- Monitoring entrances and greeting visitors
- Operating CCTV system
- Patrolling premises on foot
- Answering calls
- Preparing reports
Sentinel Group Security are an equal opportunities employer.