Salary: £9.30 /hour
- supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- security: 1 year (Required)
- SIA (Required)
Sentinel Group Security Limited (SGS) specialises in the provision of high-quality security services. Operating throughout the UK, our portfolio has customers in a number of sectors including: Corporate, Finance, Government, Healthcare, Construction and Retail. SGS is a diverse organisation committed to providing ‘Excellence in Security’ through the professionalism of our team to ensure the best possible security solutions for our customers.
We are currently building a new team in order to provide effective security at a Data Centre on the Sough Trading Estate. This represents an exciting opportunity for individuals that have experience of the Security Industry.
Security Operations Overview
SGS Static Guarding Services are typically responsible for the safety and security of all staff and visitors, protection of buildings, assets and information. As part of a team responsible for a high value site you will be expected to operate to a high standard, engage with stakeholders and deliver audit requirements whilst being flexible to changing requirements. This is an interesting and varied role within an organised and disciplined department.
As a Security Supervisor you undertake a crucial role for the business by ensuring consistent service delivery at site directing all security matters from performance management of officers to controlling incidents in a professional and organised manner whilst adhering to site procedures at all times.
- Ensure full compliance with site policies and procedures.
- Ownership of all operational incidents/emergencies during shift, ensuring appropriate and professional management as per the site procedures and reporting/escalation of issues.
- To ensure that an effective handover takes place at shift change over periods and that all keys, equipment and documentation are properly accounted for.
- Ensure correct emergency response by security staff in compliance with established procedures and instructions issued by client/Security Manger.
- Provide updates on essential issues (security, HR, Health & Safety etc) to the team through shift briefings, handovers and tool box talks.
- Leading by example to maximise productivity and set standards of time keeping and productivity.
- Maintaining safety and security through the operation of the integrated security systems, including access control, CCTV and fire alarm systems.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and all members of staff are kept up to date with any changes
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent customer focus.
- Articulate and able to communicate well, both written and verbally.
Presentable and smart at all times.
- Work effectively as an individual without supervision.
- Excellent team player.
- A professional demeanour with sound judgement and integrity.
- Confident in interacting with high level visitors and management